Monday, May 31, 2010

A Just Cause


Actual date: May 20, 2010
historical date: Feb 3rd, 1968
Its been two days since I arrived and I've already seen some things I don't think I'll ever forget. Because the enemy is guerilla forces we never be sure if someone is a Viet Cong or a genuine citizen. The interrogations are brutal and they keep insisting they are not Viet Cong. Lt. Jacobs is adamant though, until he gets a confession he won't stop. Today however was something different, the Lt. had discovered a Viet Cong Officer. There was a police chief nearby named Nguyen Loan. Lt. Jacobs thought it was a good idea for him to execute the prisoner. When he did shoot the officer he congratulated the police chief, telling him it was a "just" cause. There was also a reporter nearby, I only caught the end of his name though, Adams I think it was. I wonder if this made it back to the states. (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment