Monday, May 31, 2010

Napalm and McNamara


Actual Date: May 29, 2010
Historical date: June 15, 1972
It’s 4 years since I left Vietnam, and yet we still fight to continue to fight this war. It amazes each day that I see the paper that’s delivered to me to see some new protest by college kids at Kent State or some horrendous war crime committed by the Viet Cong. Today however was interesting, there was a picture of a group of Vietnamese civilians running from a napalm bombing run. A little girl with her clothes burned off was among them. I’ve seen this picture before, it occurred actually last week, but they reran the story after Robert McNamara, the current secretary of defense, declared bombing of Vietnam ineffective. I scoffed at this, laughing almost loudly. A little late on the gun Mr. McNamara. (4)

No comments:

Post a Comment